Monday, April 19, 2010

March Madness ReCap

The NCAA basketball tournament was more fun than usual at our house this year.  Kansas State made it to the Elite 8 for the first time in I-can't-remember-how-many years.  Back in the day when we were in school there, KSU was known as a basketball school.  They still played in Ahearn Fieldhouse and tickets were hard to come by.  Because I worked as a clerk in the Department of Sociology, Anthropology and Social Work (try saying that every time you answer the phone!), we were able to get faculty/staff tickets during Dave's senior year and it was a highlight of our social life.  The four games KSU played in the tournament this year were exciting times at our house. (At least the first three were - the fourth one, not so much.) 

The employees at Dave's office always have a contest to pick the winning teams.  To any legal types that might be reading - just a friendly wager between co-workers - no illegal gambling going on here.  I usually enter twice - my "reality" bracket and my "fantasy" bracket. Naturally, the fantasy bracket always has K-State taking the championship and KU losing in the first round. :)  I don't know which one did it for me, but one of my brackets took first place - $130!!  That's almost as much fun as my fantasy football team (The Pink) soundly tromping all the guys in the league.  Anyone care to put some money on the World Series?

1 comment:

  1. We loved March Madness at our house for the very same reasons. Although I was sad (and shocked) to see KU go down so soon, I was very happy for K-State. Getting as far as they did was almost as good as winning the championship. We are out in California so we missed all the hoopla that I'm sure you had in Kansas. It must have been so much fun.

    ReplyDelete