Saturday, October 9, 2010

Read-a-thon: Redux

The best laid plans of mice and men...  Daughter is (was) home from college for less than 24 hours, so she felt we needed to have mother/daughter bonding.  Specifically, she felt our bonding should involve my checkbook, so we spent a large portion of this morning buying groceries and toiletries, then getting her car loaded and headed east.  So I'm starting my read-a-thon afresh.


Between shopping and chatting, I did manage to finish Gunn's Golden Rules: Life's Little Lessons for Making It Work.  Don't be too impressed, I was past the half-way point to begin with.  I love this book and I'm giving it to everyone I know for Christmas.  More details when I have time to review.  Now, on to the next book - and some peace and quiet.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you started over again and didn't give up. Let reading take you to another world where your checkbook is safe - good motto I should follow more often, if I can stay away from bookstores and Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't help but smile - I totally understand "the best laid plans...."

    I am sure that your daughter is thrilled and can now survive until Thanksgiving.

    Enjoy the rest of the read-athon in glorious peace and quiet :)

    ReplyDelete