Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Read-A-Thon Wrap Up

My Read-A-Thon ended up being more of a Read-A-Dash...short and quick.  I'm blaming moving for the air-headed disorganization that almost made me miss the whole thing.  With no prep time there were many interruptions and, worst of all, few snacks.  After my first read-a-thon, I realized that I'm not in college any more and all-nighters just aren't happening, so I usually only shoot for twelve hours.  My total this time was closer to four, plus some time spent checking out mini-challenges other participant's blogs.


On the up side, I elected to read to benefit the Leukemia Research Foundation.  My original pledge was five cents per page.  I completed a measly 200 pages, for a total of $10.  I have decided to go ahead and make the full $25 donation which was my goal.  If you would like to add your donation, you can give on-line, by phone or by regular mail. All the information is available at http://www.leukemia-research.org/.

No comments:

Post a Comment