Friday, July 22, 2011

The Dreaded Vacation Slide Show

Sorry to disappoint, but I've decided to forego the customary tedious showing of vacation photos.  You put up with enough of my endless rambling - looking at all 170 photos would be above and beyond.  The two photos below pretty much sum it up.
The three ladies and two kids on/near the steps belong to us, but this photo is really just to show you the beautiful setting where the reunion was held.   One branch of the family lives in this community and we were able to use their pool and clubhouse facilities.  Perfect!
And this is us.  Left to Right:  Steph (Dave's sister), Amy (our oldest), MacKenzie (Mitch's girlfriend), Mitch (son), Zerrik (grandson), Trey (grandson), me, Dave, Amanda (daughter), Kate (niece), Layton (Amanda's boyfriend).

I'm actually not much of a camera person.  In fact, at the moment the only cameras we own are the ones on our phones. These shots came from Laura, the family photographer, via Shutterbug.  I have found that when I try to preserve an event in photos or videos, I usually end up missing most of the event itself, so I store my memories in my head and rely on the generosity of those more talented.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful family!!!

    Unfortunately, I'm the camera stalker in the family. Pictures are so important to me that I'm snapping away constantly. My whole family covers their faces when they see me coming ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What no slide show? ;)

    Very nice Tami! That pool sure does look inviting. That family shot is great. You have a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice family photo, and that pool looks wonderful:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pool looks welcoming (and I would love to be there right now ... it is hot out today!) And your family looks even more beautiful! I think these two photos did capture the essence of your trip! (I managed to narrow down my vacation photos from 756 to about 10. Crazy what you can do with digital film, isn't it?)

    By the way, I'm just back from vacation and trying to get caught up on your blog but I'm only going to leave one comment so I do manage to get caught up someday!

    ReplyDelete