Thursday, March 15, 2012

American Idol

For the second week, Joshua Ledet was the big winner on American Idol.  His rendition of When a Man Loves a Woman was phenomenal!  He had emotion; beautiful pitch; was individual without making the song unrecognizable; and his performance had that "big moment" that gives you goosebumps.  I loved it!

Colton and Holly tied for the other spots in my top three.  Holly sounded great, but the song had no dynamics.  As soon as she hit the first note, I thought "Wow, that's amazing, but where do you go from there?" And I was right, it went nowhere.  It didn't go downhill, but it didn't build either.

I'm not a hard-rock girl, so it's always difficult for me to measure the rockers in the group, but even I could tell that Colton did well.  

The rest of the pack was just that - one big group of decent but not outstanding.  And that's what I have to say about that this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment