Saturday, April 21, 2012

Read-A-Thon: Opening Meme

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?  I'm at my home - also known as "Green Acres" - in  southeast Nebraska, USA.

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?  Loving Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson.  Looking forward to Mariana by Suzanna Kearsley

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? My sister, who's reading with me, and I are both on Nutrisystem.  We will be munching on Herb Roasted Garbonzo Beans and other healthy options.  No bag of half-stale cheese puffs this year. :(

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!  My usual phrase to describe myself is "Ex-librarian in search of a library", which is still true, but I'm also a wife, mother, grandmother, newbie gardner, crafter, and champion procratinator

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?  This is my 4th read-a-thon and the first one to include following along on Twitter.  I'm trying to limit myself to 5 minutes/hour - but we'll see. :)



And I would just like to add that it is incredibly COLD in my house this morning, but I'm refusing to start the furnace cause it's April and we shouldn't have to be running the furnace and later I'll be complaining because it's too hot, but for the moment I'm freeeeeeeezing! so if I fail to check in later, someone come thaw me with a hairdryer.  Thanks! I know I can count on you!

Hour 3 Update:  Still reading Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson.  Awesome!  Having difficulty staying awake, so more coffee, a brisk walk around the house, and back to the books. 


Hour 4 Update:  Not much reading this hour.  Kept getting distracted.  So, I'm going to switch books for the next hour.  Hilarious mini-challenge going at Reflections of a Bookaholic.  You should check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment