Thursday, August 15, 2013

A Week in the Life of a Disorganized Mom . . .

My "Needlework Tuesday" entry (yes, I know it's Thursday - see title) is that I chain-pieced 200 pairs of 2" squares.  And they remain in that heap on the sewing table.  Hopefully over the weekend they will turn into 100 4-patches.

So what did I do with all that free time when I wasn't at work?  I canned 17 jars of Grandma Wheat's Chili Sauce.  Now all I need is a campfire and a hotdog on a stick. 


On Sunday evening, these three smiling faces appeared at my house.  That's our daughter, Amanda, future daughter-in-law Mackenzie, and our son, Mitch.  They decided they needed a low-cost vacation before classes start for their college senior years (*gulp*) so what better place to relax and be pampered than Mom and Dad's?


Monday night, we ran to Kansas City to watch the Royals play the Marlins.  None of us are particularly Royals fans, but the experience of attending a major league game is always fun.   The tickets are cheap ($7 each) but they make up for it with concessions.  $120 worth of hotdogs, popcorn, pop and beer later, we headed home.  The hour-and-a-half ride home was filled with multiple rounds of The Alphabet Game (an old family roadtrip favorite), a lot of laughs and at least 72 verses of I'm Henry the Eighth.

The few moments that remained of my week were filled with Zentangles and books.  An update on my Summer Reading List is in the works . . . as soon as I find another free minute.


3 comments:

  1. Looks like you accomplished some neat things even if it was a crazy week! We have to figure out how to keep work from getting in our way of living!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Disorganized or not, it seems like you got a lot done this week! I think I have Henry the 8th stuck in my head, now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the family time! What a treat.

    ReplyDelete