Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Needlework Tuesday:

I have two projects to report for Needlework Tuesday this week.  First, a prayer flag for my kids who are graduating from college in May and facing a world of choices and decisions.

The flag depicts our home, where they started, the common road they traveled, and the new, divergent roads they face after graduation.  The background is half purple (though it looks blue) and half gold, to represent their colleges, and each side contains an icon that represents their chosen major.  Even on their different paths, Christ is the Force that guides them individually, yet ties them together.  

The second project is a bit of a Jeff Foxworthy joke:  "If your quilt is made from fabric you got at The Wal-Mart and 4 scrap pieces of batting stitched together; if there are two places where the block corners don't even come close to matching up; if you were using pliers to pull the needle through the layers while tying the quilt and slipped and ripped a hole with the nose of the pliers; and if the binding is made from the excess fabric from your sister-in-law's dining room curtains . . .


  . . . it might be a Redneck Quilt!  But I love the vintage tablecloth backing and it will keep me warm and cozy by the campfire, so it's a success.

Needlework Tuesday is hosted by Heater at Books & Quilts.  Visit Heather to see what everyone's stitching or to link your own post.  

4 comments:

  1. Wow I love the prayer flag - and what it represents! How creative! And I just watched some Jeff Foxworthy this last weekend - he would be extremely proud of your efforts!! The quilt looks very nice - and camping sounds like much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your redneck quilt! You have a great eye for great fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the quilt...the fabrics you used and the colour is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have me wiping away tears today. The prayer flag for the kids is wonderful. My son graduated from college this past may and day is starting university in September, big changes for all of us.

    A red neck quilt, that is quite the description ,but it does fit at times and that's an ok thing. it looks lovely and warm. I'd snuggle under it any day.

    Thanks for linking up with Needlework Tuesday. You've made me want to run to my sewing room and get going.

    ReplyDelete