Monday, May 12, 2014

Bout of Books Day 1 - Goals

Bout of Books is the second of three read-a-thons I'm participating in this summer.  
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 12th and runs through Sunday, May 18th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 10 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. 
Time Devoted to Reading:  Two of our children graduate from college this week.  Since I will be traveling Thursday through Sunday, my reading goals aren't as high as they would be otherwise.

Monday - Wednesday: My goal is 1 1/2 hours per evening -- thirty minutes with my Nook while I'm on the treadmill, and 60 minutes later in the evening after my chores are done. 

Thursday and Sunday:  Dave and I read together in the car, so that's a minimum of 8 hours of reading time while we travel.

Friday and Saturday:  Those two days will be jam packed so I'm giving myself a break and only pledging a fifteen minute read in bed each night.

My Goals:  With an expected reading time of thirteen hours, but a brain overloaded with preparations, I think it's realistic to set a goal of 2 books finished -- so I'll push myself and set a a goal of 3.

My Reading List:  I am currently reading Lighthouse Bay by Kimberly Freeman (I've only read 10 pages); Snow Melts in Spring by Deborah Vogts (I'm nearly half done); and The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks (nearing half way).  Yes, I know that's a little scattered, but that's me.  I hope to finish the first two and make progress on the third.

Dave and I are reading Private L.A. by James Patterson and Mark Sullivan.  I'm sure we can finish it and move on to a book to be named later.

1 comment:

  1. Good goals and good books! Looks like a busy week. Let me know about the N Sparks book! Let's read!

    ReplyDelete