Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Knit On . . .

My fascination with knitting continues.  I am sticking to beginner level stuff until I am more confident, but that fits well with my short attention-span and ensuing love for small projects.  This week, I tried a couple new dishcloth patterns.

First is the "Almost Lost Washcloth".  I'm sure it has another name, but that's what the lovely ladies at Simply Notable call their version. I enjoy this pattern because it is nothing but basic knitting, but produces a finished project that looks much more complicated. You can find a link to the pattern for the smaller version on the same site.


Next was the "Rudy Cloth" from Down Cloverlaine.  I think the pattern is adorable, but the design is actually kind of hard to see in reality.  Even though it's just knit and purl, it's a confusing pattern to follow because each row is different.  Since the pattern doesn't show up well (or at all) while you're working, it's easy to get off.  Not conducive to TV watching while knitting.  There are dozens of other picture designs out there, so I may give this idea another try, but it's not at the top of my list.


What are you knitting, sewing or crafting this week?  Visit our host, Heather @ Books & Quilts, to link to Needlework Tuesday and see what others are creating.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Tami,
    Beautiful dish cloths. Love them both. I crochet, but haven't done any dish cloths. Mostly Afghans. Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Not only are dishcloths good for practice, but when you are done you have a functional item. You can't have too many, in my opinion, and they are great for gifts.

    I, too, like patterns that are easy to do in front of the TV. I don't mind the harder stuff, but if it takes TOO much concentration then it just seems like work...not that relaxing or enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are coming along nicely. it's a great way to learn new techniques without the huge commitment of time and money. And as Marie says, they are so useful. I don't use mine for washing but as hot matts on the table.

    Thanks for linking up with Needlework Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete